The Bengals played a hand of poker against Carson Palmer and the league. For once, they won. By refusing to trade Palmer -- and making everyone around the league believe they wouldn't move him -- they forced the Raiders to give up a first-round pick in 2012 and a conditional first-round pick in 2013. The condition is a playoff win for the Raiders. If they don't get that win, the 2013 pick will be a second-rounder.
It took some luck for the Bengals to completely pillage the Raiders like this. First, Oakland had to have their starting quarterback, Jason Campbell, go down for the season. Then they had to have Hue Jackson, who coached in Cincy from 2004-06, make a plea to owner Mike Brown. And then they had to have the ammo to make the trade.
But what to do from a fantasy perspective? Move on. Carson Palmer's name is worth WAY more than his game. When last seen on the field, his arm strength was shot as he needs Tommy John surgery. He can't move, he looks like a statue in the pocket. And most of his 2010 yardage was racked up in garbage time during a miserable season. Look for the Raiders to go run heavy and by VERY disappointed by the massive ransom they gave Cincy.
On to the adds:
1. DeMarco Murray, RB, Cowboys - He'll take over as the primary early-down back with Felix Jones (ankle) out 2-4 weeks. Tashard Choice will share the load and take over on passing downs.
2. Maurice Morris, RB, Lions - There's reason to believe Jahvid Best's concussion could keep him out a while. Morris is old but a capable receiver and runner. He fits the scheme well. Look for Jerome Harrison to take a little work in a change-of-pace role and Keiland Williams to be the power back.
- PHOTOS: What's Brewing in Steamy Hallows, the Harry Potter-Inspired Cafe19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Frida Kahlo at the Brooklyn Museum doesn't hold back23 Pictures
3. Montario Hardesty, RB, Browns - The Browns have had just about enough of Peyton Hillis. He's got a balky hamstring and won't stop complaining about his contract.
4. Bernard Scott, RB, Bengals - Cedric Benson will be suspended for Week 8. Scott figures to get 15-20 touches in that game.
5. Greg Little, WR, Browns - I've talked about this guy plenty in this space over the last couple weeks. Major player in a really good situation. The Browns chuck it up as much as anyone.
6. Danario Alexander, WR, Rams - He finally looks healthy and will at least get a chance to start opposite Brandon Lloyd. Major playmaking potential.