What went right for the Celts ...
1. No Rose. Rajon Rondo took advantage of reining MVP Derrick Rose’s absence by putting up 32 points (season-high), 15 assists and 10 rebounds.
2. Showtime. JaJuan Johnson (12 points) and Chris Wilcox (11 points) got out on the break for Rondo and finished hard with back-to-back alley-oop stuffs in the fourth quarter.
3. Big picture. After their worst loss of the season Friday, the C’s rebounded with arguably their best win.
What went wrong ...
1. Closing time —The C’s had a steady lead throughout the contest and were up by 12 points with just four minutes left. But Chicago found a way to pull within three with under a minute remaining.
2. Ugly offense — This game won’t be replayed on Paul Pierce’s Springfield highlight reel. He botched a pick-and-roll with KG and turned over the ball in traffic in crunch time.
3. No Scal — Old pal Brian Scalabrine was in the house but did not play, much to the chagrin of the chanting Garden fans.