The teacher had no problems with the pupil.
Temple coach Fran Dunphy patrolled the Penn baseline for 17 seasons before joining the Owls in 2006. Last night, he beat his former team 60-45 at the historic Palestra.
Ryan Brooks (15 points) and Juan Fernandez (12) paced No. 19 Temple as it improved to 14-3. Penn (1-11) was fueled by Jack Eggleston’s 14 points in another tough loss. The Quakers were just 3-of-20 from beyond the arc.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
The win was extra special for Dunphy. who got the best of one of his greatest former Penn players, Jerome Allen, who was named the Quakers coach on Dec. 14. Dunphy is 3-1 against Penn since arriving at Temple.
Actor Denzel Washington’s son, Malcolm, plays for Penn. He was 0-for-2 from the field and finished with no points.