More fantasy football add, drop, targets advice ahead of Week 2 of the NFL season. We'll zeroe in on RB Alvin Kamara, WR Eric Decker and WR Torrey Smith.
Alvin Kamara, RB, New Orleans Saints
Kamara will be particularly effective in the passing game this season for the Saints as he was targeted six times out of the backfield by Drew Brees this past Monday night against Minnesota. He also rushed seven times for 18 yards and out-touched Adrian Peterson.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
This week, the Saints face the Patriots – who got trampled on by Kareem Hunt and the Chiefs last week. Expect Bill Belichick to shore up his run defense in Week 2. In addition, with the sideline spat between Peterson and Sean Payton getting a ton of national play this week – expect Payton to try to ease Peterson’s pain by giving him the ball more against the Pats.
Advice: Do not add Kamara unless you have no other options
Torrey Smith, WR, Philadelphia Eagles
Smith was targeted just three times by Carson Wentz in Week 1 against the Redskins. Look for the Eagles to get him more involved in Week 2 against old Philly coach Andy Reid. Yes, the Chiefs’ pass defense is stout as they shut down Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski and the Patriots last week. But during most of that game they had a healthy Eric Berry draping Gronk. Berry tore his Achilles late in the game and is done for the season. It will take a while for the Chiefs’ secondary to recover from losing such a key player.
Advice: Add Smith, start as a WR3
Eric Decker, WR, Tennessee Titans
Decker caught 3-of-8 targets for just 10 yards in his Titans debut last week against the Raiders. He and Marcus Mariota are still figuring things out and they’ll have a tough go of it this week against the Jaguars in Jacksonville (seriously). For those thinking the Jags’ defensive effort last week against Houston was a fluke, consider that last season they still had a top five NFL defense in passing yards (just 215.3 per game).
Advice: Flex if you must