(Reuters) - World number eight Gael Monfils has been ruled out of France's Davis Cup semi-final against Croatia in Zadar because of a knee injury, the French tennis federation said on Wednesday.
The U.S. Open semi-finalist is replaced by Richard Gasquet, who will play in Friday's singles along with Lucas Pouille.
France were already without the injured Jo-Wilfried Tsonga.
Britain host Argentina in the other semi-final.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
(Reporting by Julien Pretot; Editing by Ken Ferris)