Sometimes, it takes a bad opponent to get a spark. Chris Johnson got that on Sunday. The Panthers got worn down in the second half, flailing while out of position at him as he looked somewhat like the CJ2K of old. Normally, this is a warning sign. But Johnson has such a soft schedule the rest of the way that we can believe in it.
Even if Johnson isn't back to where he was, he still has the Falcons, Bucs, Bills and Colts on the schedule. That's soft. And he'll exploit it.
Let's take a look at what else we saw during a busy Week 10:
* Frank Gore is in trouble. He picked up a knee injury today to go with his ankle injury. The 49ers are 8-1. They are going to take it easy on him down the stretch, giving Kendall Hunter more and more work. As we saw today, Gore could have come back in the game but simply didn't.
* Don't give up on Roy Helu just yet. He didn't start today, but he continues to outplay Ryan Torain. The reps will eventually come consistently. For now, blame Shanahan.
* Hines Ward has been benched. Even with Emmanuel Sanders (knee) out, the Steelers' top three wideouts today were Mike Wallace, Antonio Brown and Jerricho Cotchery.
* Victor Cruz is no joke. Carlos Rogers has been among the league's best corners this season, but Cruz owned him today. Eli sees the talent and feeds him relentlessly.
* Donald Brown has soared past Delone Carter thanks to superior play. He's the starter now.
* Julio Jones can't shake this hamstring situation. He may need a week off.
* DeSean Jackson figures to be back next week, but I don't have high hopes for him suddenly becoming a productive player. Even his own teammates are reportedly fed up with him.
* Leonard Hankerson is a player, but picked up a hip injury today. It's something to monitor.
* Matthew Stafford played through a fractured finger today. He also is playing without Jahvid Best and Calvin Johnson got banged up late. Scary time.
* Tim Tebow is a fantasy beast. I know he can't throw -- and so do the Broncos -- but the guy scores touchdowns and runs. Period.
* I doubt Reggie Bush will hold up with this kind of usage. He's not a feature back or goal-line back. Owners would be wise to sell.
* Yeah, Laurent Robinson can play. As expected.
* Note from Thursday's game: We've loved Denarius Moore since the preseason. Now he has Carson Palmer, who isn't afraid to chuck it deep, and he's playing every down. Add him.