Let's take a look at seven of the biggest busts so far. Should we be buying
1. Chris Johnson, RB, TEN: CJ2K is somehow averaging 2.13 yards per
carry. He has looked disinterested, even lazy at times. The offensive
line is underperforming and now Kenny Britt is out for the year. That
will make the box even more crowded. I'd buy Johnson, but only at about
2. Frank Gore, RB, SF: His ankle injury is expected to be OK, but there
are major warning flags with Gore. He used to be a tackle-breaking
machine, but is not nearly as elusive now at his advanced age. Kendall
Hunter is going to get more work going forward. Avoid.
3. DeAngelo Williams, RB, CAR: Every time I watch D-Willy, I think
Jonathan Stewart is a better player. The Panthers are apparently
thinking that also as Stewart was used to seal Sunday's win. Barring
injury, there's no upside here.
4. Arian Foster, RB, TEN: We know that Foster isn't really a bust
because he's been hurt. But will he get the full-time job back? I
believe he will. Gary Kubiak is a big believer in one-back systems and
they held Foster out in order to get that hammy back to 100 percent. Ben
Tate will return to his backup role starting this week.
5. Michael Vick, QB, PHI: Here is one that I'm buying on big-time.
Vick's injuries are minor and easily overcome. Even if he sits out Week
4, we can prey on owners in panic mode.Vick hasn't come close to getting
in gear yet.
- PHOTOS: What's Brewing in Steamy Hallows, the Harry Potter-Inspired Cafe19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Frida Kahlo at the Brooklyn Museum doesn't hold back23 Pictures
6. Rashard Mendenhall, RB, PIT: The Steelers' offensive line is a
complete and utter disaster. And Mendenhall isn't used on passing downs.
7. Hakeem Nicks, WR, NYG: It feels like Nicks isn't truly healthy yet
after dealing with a knee injury between Weeks 1 and 2. He'll benefit
from the extra attention that will be paid to Mario Manningham and
Victor Cruz. Buy up.