Some teams were concerned with the North Carolina Tar Heels’ Quinton Coples’ propensity for taking off plays while in college. Not the Jets. And now they’re officially married to him.
The Jets have reportedly come to terms with the defensive end, their top overall pick at No. 16 in the first round.
ESPN reports the deal is for four years and about $9 million, with a team option for one more year.
“I’ve been working hard and doing the best that I can, and to be the best athlete, and be the best Jet as possible,” Coples said at Jets rookie camp two weeks ago. “I think I’m going to do great for the Jets.”
Coples could challenge for a starting spot on the edge right away. He figures to be used mostly with his hand on the ground.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
- 2018 Emmy Awards: List of winners, red carpet looks 29 Pictures
Follow New York Sports Editor Mark Osborne on Twitter @MetroNYSports.