An old-school pitching duel could very well transpire in the Pacific Northwest Monday (10 p.m., NESN) as Boston’s flavor of the year ace, John Lackey (8-4, 2.96 ERA) tangles with Seattle’s year-in and year-out pitching king, Felix Hernandez (8-2, 2.22 ERA).
Lacky is 3-for-his-last-3 in guiding the Sox to victory as he took down Detroit, Cleveland and Minnesota in recent weeks. In those three gems, Lackey is averaging seven innings of work, giving up just 5.6 hits and 1.6 earned runs per game.
Hernandez hasn’t gotten the same friendly results as Lackey recently, as he was either given a loss or a no-decision in his last three outings, but the nine-year veteran from Venezuela has been just as effective.
The big righty has averaged seven innings in his last three games while allowing just 3.6 hits and 0.6 earned runs per game. Hernandez has also struck out double-digit batters in two of his last three games, including a 15-K effort in St. Petersburg, Florida against the Rays back on June 8.
Follow Metro Boston sports editor Matt Burke on Twitter: @BurkeMetroBOS
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- A look back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
- 2018 Emmy Awards: List of winners, red carpet looks 29 Pictures