Metro Boston is polling its readers, writers and various Boston sports media on which Boston athletes of the past 25 years are the undisputed "greatest."
Please fill out the form below and send to Metro Boston sports editor Matt Burke through e-mail or Twitter: firstname.lastname@example.org or @BurkeMetroBOS
- Athlete must have played for the Bruins, Celtics, Patriots or Red Sox in the past 25 years (1988-2013).
- Athlete must have played for a Boston team for at least three seasons in the past 25 years. Example: Gary Payton or Shaquille O’Neal would not be eligible for the list.
- Historical significance, tenure, time period, championships won are all factors
Please choose 25 players from this list and rank them in order of “greatness.” Write-in candidates are welcome. Please leave a comment at the end of your list as to why you ranked them the way you did and/or what part gave you the most pause for thought.
- PHOTOS: What's Brewing in Steamy Hallows, the Harry Potter-Inspired Cafe19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Frida Kahlo at the Brooklyn Museum doesn't hold back23 Pictures