It hasn't taken very long for some MLB teams to move on from struggling players. Ben Revere, Jordan Pacheco and Brandon Allen are among those that have been sent down already. And injuries to the likes of Brian Wilson and Jacoby Ellsbury have fantasy owners scrambling as well.
Some ideas to plug the gaps:
1. Santiago Casilla, RP, Giants: Brian Wilson needs surgery on his throwing elbow and is done for the season. The Giants figure to go with some kind of committee, but Casilla is the early favorite to run with the job. As mentioned before the season, paying for saves is silly.
2. Zack Cozart, SS, Reds: Finding a shortstop that can hit is not easy. Therefore, Cozart should get fantasy owners' juices flowing. The 2007 second-round pick is at .342 with eight runs scored through his first 10 games.
3. Alejandro De Aza, OF, White Sox: Jacoby Ellsbury owners looking to add some speed to their outfield should look no further. De Aza is playing every day now and stole 29 bases over 54 games last season.
4. Lance Lynn, SP, Cardinals: We've talked about Lynn a few times before, so hopefully you added him. If he keep pitching like this, the Cards will have to find a rotation spot for him even when Chris Carpenter gets healthy.
5. Jon Niese, SP, Mets: We can't ignore what Niese has been able to do early on. He's 2-0 with a 2.13 ERA and 0.95 WHIP in two starts against the Braves and Phillies. There's at least a chance of a breakout season.