Memorial Day is here, meaning we're into the dog days of another marathon baseball season. Owners are going to start giving up, so staying active on the wire will pay major dividends. This week's top adds:
1. Dayan Viciedo has been a long-time power prospect for the White Sox. He's finally beginning to put it together. The 23-year-old is hitting .318 with seven homers and 21 RBI in 25 May games. Lots of pop.
2. Andy Pettitte -- yes that Andy Pettitte -- is still making big-league starts at age 40. And he's still pitching for the Yankees, which means he has a good shot at getting those elusive wins.
- PHOTOS: Celebrities attend 'Avengers: Endgame' premiere in Los Angeles22 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Memorial spotlights the man behind Nipsey Hussle rap persona14 Pictures
3. Matt Adams isn't a complete hitter yet, but he has major power. And with Lance Berkman (knee) out at least three weeks, there's a lot of upside here. Adams is already hitting .382 with five RBI in his first nine MLB games. This Cardinals' lineup is proving to potent.
4. Ernesto Frieri may be solving the Angels' ninth-inning woes. Since being acquired from the Padres a month ago, he hasn't allowed a single hit in 11 innings. For now, he's sharing the gig with Scott Downs.