We're seeing a ton of injuries as we move into the middle portion of the season. Jayson Werth (wrist) is going to be out at least three months. Mariano Rivera (ACL) is done for the year. Cory Luebke likely needs Tommy John surgery.
But never fear, we've got you covered with some guys to fill the gaps:
1. Allen Craig, 1B/OF, STL: Since coming off the DL last Tuesday, Craig is hitting .375 with a homer, three doubles and seven RBI. He won't keep up that pace, but he's pummeled the ball at every level of baseball he's played at. There's long-term upside here.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
2. David Robertson, RP, NYY: With Mariano's career now in jeopardy, Robertson is the lead candidate to be the Yankees' closer. He was already worth owning as one of the best setup men in baseball, but now he's bordering on being an elite fantasy player.
3. Rafael Dolis, RP, CHC: The wheels are officially off on Carlos Marmol. Dolis has come into the closer's role and picked up a win and a save without giving up a run in his last two outings.
4. Pedro Alvarez, 3B, PIT: Always one of the best power prospects in the game, Alvarez finally appears to be turning a corner. He already has seven homers and 15 RBI in just 77 at-bats this season.
5. Chris Davis, 1B, BAL: Sunday's 0-for-8 outing was ugly, but that's a blip on the radar. He flamed out as a major sleeper in Texas, but the change of scenery is proving to be useful. Remember that Davis has been one of the best power hitters in the minors at every stop.