Before the season even started, Trevor Bauer was among the most talked about minor league prospects. That hype grew even louder as he went 11-1 with a 2.19 ERA in Double-A and Triple-A this year.
At long last, Bauer has been summoned to the Diamondbacks to start on Thursday. He'll take the rotation spot of Joe Saunders, who has been average at best before going on the DL. It's very possible that Bauer takes that rotation spot and runs with it for the rest of the season. He should be owned in all formats -- he's a better raw talent than a previous minor leaguer I was in love with, Jarrod Parker.
Three more guys to consider adding this week:
- PHOTOS: Celebrities attend 'Avengers: Endgame' premiere in Los Angeles22 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Memorial spotlights the man behind Nipsey Hussle rap persona14 Pictures
1. Bobby Parnell, RP, Mets -- Frank Francisco is on the DL with an oblique injury. The Mets have come out and said that Parnell, a hard-thrower that's considered the closer of the future, will take the ninth-inning role for now.
2. Anthony Rizzo, 1B, Cubs -- Another minor leaguer that got the call on Monday and is expected to start tonight. He had an absurd 23 homers in just 69 minor league games this season. Immediate impact for the Cubs and fantasy owners.
3. Jose Quintana, SP, White Sox -- With John Danks out, Quintana has been impressive. He's quietly thrown 43 1/3 innings while posting a sparking 1.25 ERA this season.