1. Really, refs? — For a second straight game, the United States was victimized by a bad call, when a Clint Dempsey goal in the 21st minute was called back as offsides. Replay clearly showed Dempsey was on and that the goal should have stood. In the second half, Jozy Altidore was given a yellow card on a clear foul that had no malice or danger, meaning he’ll have to dial back his energy against Ghana. And late in the game, Dempsey was elbowed in the face, drawing blood. The ref simply missed the clear red card.
2. Finish him! — Yes, the offense looked better and the midfield controlled possession, but the United States couldn’t finish, time after time. The scoreline could easily have seen a few more goals, but the scoring touch wasn’t there. It has to change.
3. Edu, just ew —Yes, Maurice Edu should have scored the go-ahead goal against Slovenia. Yesterday, Edu looked slow and did very little defensively. His distribution was plebian at best. Feilhaber is a better option to start.
- PHOTOS: Blues dump Bruins to win Stanley Cup after agonizing 52-year wait40 Pictures
- PHOTOS: This Pakistani waiter looks just like Peter Dinklage8 Pictures