When Connor Barwin was cut from the Eagles this past spring, among his heartfelt goodbyes to the city that made him a star were several "so longs" to fellow SEPTA riders.
The pass-rusher, who was signed by the Los Angeles Rams shortly after his release, was a pragmatic and liberal voice in Philadelphia, supporting several charities and taking public transit everywhere he could — including to Eagles practices and games. He hosts a concert fundraiser in Philadelphia every year and will continue to do so.
"I have learned from and cherish every experience I have had in the great city of Philadelphia and every snap I played as an Eagle," Barwin said after his release.
And while he still maintains Philly as his full-time residence, he has had to move out west and moving out west means one thing — you have to drive a car. L.A. is famously a car-crazy city, so it comes as no surprise that Barwin showed up at Rams training camp last week in a brand new Tesla.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
Connor Barwin has arrived in his Tesla. pic.twitter.com/gGOPkibqnP— Alden Gonzalez (@Alden_Gonzalez) July 28, 2017
One of Barwin's best friends from his Eagles days is Jason Kelce, an equally progressive voice and one who ironically had a Elon Musk biography in his locker for much of minicamp and OTAs. Just as it is becoming a trend everywhere else, the safe for the environment Tesla is popular in the NFL too — as Jordan Norwood purchased one after winning the Super Bowl two years ago among other football stars.