The NBA Draft Lottery is coming, and the landscape of the future of the NBA will once again shift.
On May 16, the lottery will take place prior to Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals. With the game likely to tip off at 8 p.m. on ESPN, the lotto will take place just beforehand, as each non playoff team will send a representitive to wait for the order of ping pong balls pulled to determine the order of the 2017 NBA draft — which takes place just over a month later in June.
The top few picks are especially coveted this season as guards Lonzo Ball, Markelle Fultz are expected to go off the board at Nos. 1 and 2 with a bevy of lottery talent also expected to be snatched in the picks following.
- Labrador retriever fetches top U.S. dog breed honor for record 28th year7 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures
Below are the odds of each team getting the No. 1 overall pick, along with their records respectively from this past season:
1. Brooklyn Nets (20-62) The Celtics own the rights to this pick
2. Phoenix Suns (24-58)
3. Los Angeles Lakers (26-56)
4. Philadelphia Sixers (28-54)
5. Orlando Magic (29-53)
6. Minnesota Timberwolves (31-51)
7. New York Knicks (31-51)
8. Sacramento Kings (32-50) — Sixers have right to swap for this pick
9. Dallas Mavericks (33-49)
10. New Orleans Pelicans (34-48)
11. Charlotte Hornets (36-46)
12. Detroit Pistons (37-45)
13. Denver Nuggets (40-42)
14. Miami Heat (41-41)