This might be Charlie Manuel's last season guiding the Phillies.
If it is, the skipper is trying his best to go out in style, or at least leave an indelible mark on the franchise's record books.
Manuel racked up the 1,000th victory of his managerial career Monday night, following the Phillies' 5-1 win over Atlanta. It's a mark he's been chasing since July 19. Finally, thanks to a complete game from Cole Hamels, Manuel earned it.
"It's definitely quite an achievement," Manuel said. "Like I told my players, they're the ones that make it happen. They play. The two organizations I've been with, they're the ones that get the players for me. That just goes to show you just how good they are. It's hard for me to stand there and say I accept all of my accolades, because the other people are definitely achieving those for you."
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
After the game, the team presented Manuel with a special gift: a base with the number "1,000" written on it. For the record, 780 of those wins came in a Phillies uniform, and Hamels has been responsible for 96 of them.
"It's a huge milestone," Hamels said. "It's nice Charlie got that out of the way. Now we need to focus on winning two."