If you went to bed at a normal time last night for the first day of the work week you missed one of the most epic comebacks/collapses of all-time. The Grizzlies led the Clippers 95-71 with exactly eight minutes left in the game. Then it all went so terribly wrong. The Clip Show reeled off a 26-1 run and ended up winning Game 1, 99-98.
Then Chris Paul mocked Craig Sager's suit, which is always fun. In a somewhat strange postgame interview, Paul said the whole team always believed they'd make a comeback (yeah right), talked about how "everybody knows how much I hate to get my lip busted" and then dropped the bomb on Sager as he walked away -- "That's a nice suit you got there, but Easter already passed." See for yourself:
It was a fitting end to one of the strangest games I've ever watched. By the way, horrible job by TNT's Dick Stockton on play-by-play, who seemed oblivious to the epic collapse until the lead went from 24 to six. If you're interested in the ugly collapse itself, here is the crime scene evidence:
Cowley the coward
Speaking of collapses, if you missed the disgusting collapse of Chicago Sun-Times sports columnist Joe Cowley's career you truly need to look at these Twitter exchanges.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
As Cowley sat on a plane waiting for it to takeoff he decided to forego the Alec Baldwin route and instead be a disgusting misogynist. When I read Cowley's first tweet, I said, "Really? That's what people are offended by?"
This is what kicked it off, "Flight delayed because of 'Mandatory Crew Rest.' God forbid anyone strains themselves handing out orange juice off a cart for an extra hour."
Not a particularly funny joke, but clearly a joke. It got much, much worse. You can read the whole exchange, but suffice it to say Cowley might be going the way of his former colleague Jay Marriotti. How do you not fire a guy who says this?
"Chick pilot. Should I be OK with that or am I just a sexist caveman?"
Chick pilot? Really? And when a female sports journalist criticized the buffoon, he started trashing her too:
"@SloaneMartin And when you come back, hottie up that pic a bit more. You look like the Russian icy villain from a 70s Bond movie. XOXO."
That should just about do it for Mr. Cowley, who deleted his Twitter account immediately.
Delonte West's vomit
Let's close this out with a picture of former Celtics great slash machine-gun enthusiast Delonte West puking all over his bathroom floor.
You didn't think I was kidding, did you? Notice the chunks on the toilet. Looks like lots of Orange Gatorade. I'm more of a Fierce Grape fan, honestly.
Follow Metro New York Sports Editor Mark Osborne on Twitter @MetroNYSports. If someone on his floor vomited in the bathroom in college he had to pay $20. Every time. He's still bitter about that.