Every once in a while, it's good to remind one another: Michael Jordan was the greatest athlete of the 20th century. Period.
In a day and age where facts are often tossed to the curb, I thought Republicans, Dems and Independents could all agree on this at least.
Mitt Romney apparently disagrees. Today, Romney called golfer Jack Nicklaus the "greatest athlete of the 20th century." That's right, Mitt Romney (he of the country club, milk and cookies, sitting by the fireplace with hot cocoa look), called a golfer the best athlete in the world over the span of 100 years. The jokes write themselves folks.
Now, Nicklaus is campaigning for Romney in Ohio so there was a little "you kiss my ass, I'll kiss yours" deal going on here, but Romney has to know better. He has to know he already has the majority of the golf crowd locked up.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
For historical reference, here is ESPN's old "Top Athletes of the 20th Century" list. I would love to get Romney's take on where he believes "Secretariat" belongs on the list (right in front of Mickey Mantle, right behind Lou Gehrig by the way).
It isn't a thing until Rampage Jackson says so
Here is former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Rampage Jackson pretending like he doesn't want to dance Gangnam Style and then dancing Gangnam Style and then saying he watches the Gangnam Style music video two times a day.