LeBron James is a champion.
There, we said it. As painful as it was, we did it. The Heat dominated, King James deserved to be named MVP and no, the refs didn’t fix anything. Miami was better. We were wrong.
- PHOTOS: Filipino devotees nailed to crosses to re-enact crucifixion4 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Memorial spotlights the man behind Nipsey Hussle rap persona14 Pictures
That’s all were saying about that — although let’s curb those Michael Jordan comparisons (psst, psst ESPN) until James wins more than one ring. Right now, he’s Brett Favre.
Tony Parker, the one-eyed wonder
Speaking of Rihanna, Spurs guard Tony Parker is reportedly suing the New York nightclub where Chris Brown and Drake were popping (literally) bottles over RiRi. Parker filed a $20 million lawsuit in Manhattan this week after a shard of glass struck his eye and caused "corneal laceration of the left eye and other injuries,” according to the New York Post. Parker was spotted at the club that night with a lady friend. He called Chris Brown “my friend.” Eva Longoria called them both "douchebags."
Of course, the big question: Can a one-eyed Tony Parker still get more girls at the club than we can? Going out on a limb here and saying yes ... but let’s take a look at some famous one-eyed Romeos:
Sammy Davis, Jr.: The famous swinger/crooner lost his left eye in a car accident, but that didn’t stop him from bedding May Britt and sitting in Archie Bunker’s chair. Besides, Frank Sinatra didn’t hang with dudes without game.
Theodore Roosevelt: With all apologies to DMX, the original rough rider boxed kangaroos and built the Panama Canal despite being blind in one eye. Street cred? Plenty, like his slogan, “Speak softly and carry a big stick.”
Mr. Peanut: We couldn’t confirm whether he’s actually sight-impaired, but he does wear a monocle. And let’s be honest, the guy wears a top hat, white gloves and carries a cane … sure sounds like a pimp to us.
International love or something
OK, OK we admit we don’t watch soccer. However, with the EuroCup quarterfinals underway this weekend (our European sources tell us this is the equivalent of March Madness over there), we’ll take this opportunity to introduce everyone to the lovely ladies who will be reporting live from the pitch.
The geniuses over at BustedCoverage have put together a slideshow featuring the 27 Sexiest International Sportscasters of 2012 … we begin with Charlotte Jackson.
It did get us wondering who we might put on an American version. Even though we’re kind of sick of Erin Andrews, that dress she pulled out for the NHL Awards got her back in our good graces. Anyway, here’s our Top 5:
1. Leeann Tweeden: Angels sideline reporter who has appeared in Playboy and Maxim. Enough
said. (We didn't include a link for Ms. Tweeden because, well, just Google Image her.)
2. Carrie Milbank: Former NFL cheerleader turned reporter ... that's all you need to know.
3. Charissa Thompson: Burst on the scene for VERSUS a few years back. ESPN scooped her up.
4. Michelle Beadle: Hot and she actually knows sports, and ESPN let her get away … we wouldn’t.
5. Samantha Steele: She’s on the Longhorn Network. Of course, we all know her well around here for mixing up her Spelling Bee contestants.