It's a sickening feeling -- literally -- to get back-breaking injuries at this time of year.
In my highest stakes league, a 16-team, full-PPR monster with big rosters, I am scraping the bottom of the barrel right now. Dez Bryant (finger) is questionable. I've lost Fred Jackson (knee) and Jonathan Stewart (ankle). Marcel Reece is now useless with Darren McFadden's ankle 100 percent.
I'm not complaining -- it's the way it goes in fantasy football. The point is that the waiver wire plays a role, even in Semifinal week.
- PHOTOS: Filipino devotees nailed to crosses to re-enact crucifixion4 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Memorial spotlights the man behind Nipsey Hussle rap persona14 Pictures
1. David Wilson, RB, Giants -- I've been all over this guy since preseason as a big-time breakout beast. The Giants just didn't trust him for ball security and protection issues. Now they don't have a choice with Andre Brown done and Ahmad Bradshaw banged up.
2. Dwayne Harris, WR, Cowboys -- This is for Dez Bryant owners only. Harris would start if Dez sits out.
3. Dennis Pitta, TE, Ravens -- With Cam Cameron out as OC and Jim Caldwell in, expect to see more hurry-up. More chances for Pitta.
4. Tony Scheffler, TE, Lions -- He's playing the slot thanks to all the Lions' injuries. And now Brandon Pettigrew (ankle) is down too. Don't force a play on Vernon Davis, Jermichael Finley or Kyle Rudolph with Scheffler and Pitta around.
5. Lions D/ST -- They are facing the Cardinals. Last week, the Seahawks D/ST scored 41 points when they played the Cards.