Brazilian soccer star Neymar's move from Barcelona to Paris Saint-Germain is on the verge of completion after his representation paid the Spanish giants $263 million to implement the release clause in his contract.
It comes a day after Neymar accepted a five-year contract from PSG worth a staggering $595 million.
Spain's La Liga officials initially refused PSG's payment for Neymar, but were later coaxed into accepting it, per the Guardian.
The transfer fee of $263 million smashes the previous records:
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
One of the most recognizable players in the world, Neymar enjoyed an immensely successful spell at Barcelona.
In 186 games, he scored 105 goals while winning seven major trophies including a UEFA Champions League crown in 2015 and two league titles:
Neymar will now join a PSG side that already boasts world superstars like Angel Di Maria, Edinson Cavani and Julian Draxler.