The CW is building its 2012-13 schedule around familiar characters and storylines. The network announced the pickup of the "Sex and the City" prequel "The Carrie Diaries," following a 16-year-old Carrie Bradshaw; "Beauty and the Beast," a cop drama-spin on the old fairy tale; and "Arrow," based on the DC Comics' hero Green Arrow.
The final new series added to the CW lineup is "Emily Owens, M.D.," starring Mamie Gummer as a surgical intern who discovers that working at a hospital feels a lot like high school.
Returning series include "90210," "Gossip Girl" (which will enter its sixth and final season), "Hart of Dixie," "Supernatural," "The Vampire Diaries," "America's Next Top Model" and "Nikita."
The CW will roll out its new fall schedule in early October.
THE CW’s 2012-2013 PRIMETIME SCHEDULE
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
8:00-9:00 PM 90210 (New Night)
9:00-10:00 PM GOSSIP GIRL (New Time)
(THE CARRIE DIARIES premieres January, 2013)
8:00-9:00 PM HART OF DIXIE (New Night)
9:00-10:00 PM EMILY OWENS, M.D. (New Series)
8:00-9:00 PM ARROW (New Series)
9:00-10:00 PM SUPERNATURAL (New Night)
8:00-9:00 PM THE VAMPIRE DIARIES
9:00-10:00 PM BEAUTY AND THE BEAST (New Series)
8:00-9:00 PM AMERICA’S NEXT TOP MODEL (New Night)
9:00-10:00 PM NIKITA (New Time)