1. Taking the cape off Superman? — The stat sheet showed five hits and two sacks on Michael Vick, but that doesn’t tell the whole story. The Eagles quarterback was unnecessarily shoved hard out of bounds, grabbed by the facemask and took a vicious late hit to the ribs that wasn’t ruled a penalty. King Dunlap, filling in for Winston Justice (knee), couldn’t keep up with Cowboys sackmaster DeMarcus Ware — and fullback Owen Schmitt was flat-out run over more than once. The game’s best block came from tight end Brent Celek on Vick’s 1-yard touchdown run. Vick still finished 16-of-26 for 270 yards and two scores.
2. DeSean being DeSean — There is simply no filter on DeSean Jackson – and no stage too small. After busting loose on a 91-yard TD, the speedy receiver stopped at the 1-yard line, mocked his defender and then flopped backward toward the pylon to put the Eagles up 27-20. Earlier in the game, Jackson (four catches, 210 yards) tried to pick a fight with Jesse Holley for shoving him late on a punt return and disrespected the crowd after hauling in a 60-yard bomb on the game’s first play.
3. Backed into a corner — Stewart Bradley can’t catch a break. The starting middle linebacker was finally at 100 percent and starting to make an impact last night, when he dislocated his elbow and didn’t return. He could be done for the year. In his place, the Eagles turned largely to rookie Jamar Chaney, who was solid at stuffing the run but too slow in coverage. If Bradley is really done for the season, this could be a major problem for a defense that couldn’t stop your grandmother inside the red zone.
- Celebrity deaths 2018: All the stars we lost too soon 46 Pictures
- Photos: Starbucks Reserve Roastery NYC reconnects you with your coffee 48 Pictures