There’s no gray area when it comes to Tim Tebow. Either you’re a hater, or you bow But fantasy owners should have a different take on Tebow-mania. He runs, and therefore he is.
Once the Broncos come out of their bye in Week 7, Tebow is going to be a poor real-life quarterback. He is wildly inaccurate, has awful mechanics and can barely even get the ball from center. He’ll also be a top-10 fantasy quarterback weekly. Here’s why:
If I told you a running back was going to get all his team’s carries inside the 5-yard line and average about 50 yards per game, would you be excited? Now add in about 25 pass attempts per game.
Much like Cam Newton in Carolina, Tebow is going to score rushing touchdowns weekly. Newton is currently fantasy’s No. 2 quarterback.
This isn’t Tebow’s first shot in the NFL. He started three games last season, averaging 217.0 yards passing, 66.3 yards rushing and he scored seven all-purpose touchdowns during that stint. That made Tebow fantasy’s No. 1 quarterback in that span. So, without further ado, it’s Tebow time.before his mere presence.
- PHOTOS: What's Brewing in Steamy Hallows, the Harry Potter-Inspired Cafe19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Frida Kahlo at the Brooklyn Museum doesn't hold back23 Pictures
Top NFL pickups
Battle is far from a special talent, but he’s a candidate for 10-15 carries behind an elite run-blocking line.
Little is now the starting “X” receiver in Cleveland, meaning he’ll play every down. Explosive with the ball.
Jones’s snap count is on the rise while Donald Driver’s is falling off. Jones has the raw ability to be No. 1 WR.
NFL stock watch
Need to turn your season around? Buy low on these guys:
1. Dez Bryant, WR, DAL — Bryant hasn’t been healthy in a game yet this season. Thanks to last week’s bye, that’s about to change. Megatron-like talent.
2. Chris Johnson, RB, TEN — The Titans’ say their No. 1 priority during their bye week is to fix the running game.
3. Vincent Jackson, WR, SD — Jackson has only flashed his dominant potential so far. Philip Rivers is an annual slow starter.