Tom Brady has found something of a rhythm with rookie Kenbrell Thompkins but that doesn't mean that he's happy about the Patriots' situation at receiver.
NFL Network reported Sunday that Brady had personally spoken to former teammates Brandon Lloyd and Deion Branch, both free agents, in recent weeks. Brady denied those claims this week.
"Yeah, I don't know where those, some of those reports come from," Brady told WEEI sports radio. "Obviously I have relationships with every guy that I've ever played with, certainly guys at the receiver position are some of my best friends and people that I spent the most time and I'm the closest with. But I don't make any personnel decisions, I don't -- I can't talk to coach Belichick about bringing players back. I've never been able to control personnel decisions, so that's -- I'm a player like everybody else.
"We have a scouting department and people that make those decisions and I'm one of the last people that are ever asked or told about what we're doing with players," he continued. "I kind of just mind my own business and try to play quarterback as best I can."
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures