Mike Shanahan has been hesitant to roll with one running back all year. It's Week 12 now, but it appears he's finally settled on the right guy.
Roy Helu is clearly Shanahan's best option. He started Sunday's win over the Seahawks and played virtually every snap. Ryan Torain didn't even get a touch. Helu is explosive running downhill and an excellent receiver out of the backfield. After his performance today, Shanahan will need his head examined if he doesn't use Helu like this every week the rest of the way.
That locks Helu in as a RB2 with major upside in all formats going forward.
Here's the rest of the fallout from Week 12:
* Julio Jones got back in the lineup, but his hamstring wasn't all the way healed. He was in and out during the second half and didn't catch a pass. Monitor him closely this week.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
* DeSean Jackson isn't good at football. Perhaps he should try track. Andy Reid benched him in the fourth quarter of today's loss.
* Joseph Addai started for the Colts, but Donald Brown was clearly the best back. I'd expect that to continue going forward, making Brown the one to own here.
* Chris Johnson isn't great, but he's good enough to shred poor run defenses. He did it again today, making last week's disaster look like a fluke against a tough Falcons' run defense. Johnson still gets the Saints, Colts and Bills. I'd much rather have him than someone like Frank Gore or Rashard Mendenhall.
* Andre Johnson returned but Matt Leinart was content to just check it down. Then Leinart went down with a broken collarbone. Don't sleep on T.J. Yates -- he was a favorite of some draftniks. Keep using Johnson.
* Beanie Wells' knee is clearly feeling just fine. Ride him.
* Shonn Greene surprisingly played on third downs with LaDainian Tomlinson (knee) out. It's strange that the Jets don't trust Joe McKnight more.
* C.J. Spiller's usage was encouraging to me. Yeah, he didn't pick up much yardage. But he racked up 22 touches and ran hard. Johnny White and Tashard Choice aren't threats right now. The matchups will get better.
* Tim Tebow ran the ball 22 times today. And he threw a touchdown. He's a top-5 quarterback play weekly.
* Vincent Jackson got shut down by Champ Bailey, as usual. And as usual, V-Jax is a good bet to follow up his dud with a big boy game next week.