We saw a rash of injuries this week. Cedric Benson, Ryan Williams, Robert Griffin III are among the big fantasy names that went down. Looking for help? The wire won't save you, but it could be a band-aid.
Here are this week's top pickups:
1. Jahvid Best, RB, Lions: Best is set for a battery of concussion tests this week. No one has any idea if he'll pass, but if he does the upside here is massive. Best would step right in as the passing-back complement to bruiser Mikel Leshoure. He says he's in the best shape of his career right now.
2. James Starks, RB, Packers: Starks has been inactive through the first five games of the year, but the Packers need an early-down pounder with Benson (foot) out at least eight weeks. Starks can give you 50-60 yards weekly.
3. LaRod Stephens-Howling, RB, Cardinals: The Cards are going to turn to a committee now that they're without Beanie Wells and Ryan Williams. LSH isn't a great runner, but he can certainly catch the ball out of the backfield and get things done with limited touches.
4. David Wilson, RB, Giants: Andre Brown has a concussion and Ahmad Bradshaw is coming off a 30-touch day. Wilson is out of the doghouse and coming on strong.
5. Randall Cobb, WR, Packers: Greg Jennings' groin injury isn't going away. Cobb's snaps and targets will be up as long as Jennings stays sidelined.