The Eagles really went for it with Sam Bradford.
They jettisoned a young quarterback in Nick Foles, onewho had yet to show whether he was a franchise-leading signal caller. They also got rid of a second-round draft pick and decided to roll the dice without a long-term contract on a highly-priced, often injured QB.
So what did the Eagles get for their gamble?
The results have been inconclusive through three games, but Bradford has looked tentativebehind center, and lacking in confidence when throwing the ball. He has three touchdowns, four interceptions and ranks 36th in the NFL with a 72.5 quarterback rating.
So what is the problem?
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
- 2018 Emmy Awards: List of winners, red carpet looks 29 Pictures
"If I knew it would already be corrected," the quarterback said. "There are small mistakes all over the place and we've got to do a better job as an offense to be more consistent. It takes 11 guys to be successful."
RELATED LINK: The Eagles defense has been stellar against the pass
It's hard to put it all on Bradford's shoulders -- the Eagles wide receivers have done a dreadful job of getting open and pass-catchers have dropped an NFL-high 10 passes.
"It's a combination of everything," Chip Kelly said."We've had some drops, but there's been some times where guys are open and we didn’t put it on them at the appropriate times. But, it's a combination of both."
With Josh Huff struggling to stay healthy and on the field, and Nelson Agholor fighting an early rookie slump, Jordan Matthews seems to be the only effective wideout. And as such, the Eagles have the shortest longest pass in the NFLat just 32 yards.
"It would be nice to get the deep ball going," Bradford said."It would be nice to push the ball down the field, hopefully we can do that this week."