We have just one week until baseball's hot stove turns off. The annual trading deadline provides a flurry of player movement, usually centered around some middle relievers and veteran bats. Occasionally, a major shoe like Cliff Lee or C.C. Sabathia will drop.
There are plenty of big names being bandied about this season. Carlos Beltran figures to move, while B.J. Upton, Wandy Rodriguez, Josh Willingham and Hunter Pence will likely be discussed. For the most part, the values of those players would stay consistent no matter where they land.
One player whose value would get a nice jump if he's dealt is Ubaldo Jimenez. Getting out of hitter-happy Coors is a blessing for any pitcher, and we've all seen how much talent Jimenez has. His velocity is finally working its way back as his strikeouts have rose. There were more than 20 scouts at his start on Sunday, and one of which would provide a more pitcher-friendly environment.
The problem is that Jimenez's salary is team-friendly through 2014. The Rocks can keep him relatively cheaply, meaning they'll need a whale of an offer to trade away his upside. Don't look for Ubaldo to leave Colorado.
* With Heath Bell likely to be traded, Mike Adams and Luke Gregerson should be owned in all formats.
* Even if the Phillies get Bell or another reliever, look for Ryan Madson to keep the closing gig.
* Chad Billingsley is dominant at home and really struggles on the road. Adjust accordingly.
* Does anyone realize how good Justin Upton is. True 30/30 potential.
* Javy Guerra is clearly the man in LA now. He's hitting the mid 90s with his fastball and hasn't given up a run in his last six appearances.
* Desmond Jennings is up and swiping bags. Make sure he's not on waivers, especially with B.J. Upton possibly gone.
* Pedro Alvarez is going to be back up with the Bucs soon. Not saying he's going to rake, but he's worth a shot at the thin 3B spot. Same can be said for Chipper Jones, who appears healthy.
- PHOTOS: Filipino devotees nailed to crosses to re-enact crucifixion4 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Memorial spotlights the man behind Nipsey Hussle rap persona14 Pictures