• 4 skinless salmon fillets, about 5 oz (140 g) each
• 7 oz (200 g) leeks
• 1/2 lb (250 g) tender asparagus spears
• 5 oz (150 g) sugar-snap peas
• 4 tbsp (60 ml) dry white wine
• 3/4 cup (175 ml) fish or vegetable stock
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) butter, diced
• Salt and fresh-ground black pepper
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) snipped fresh chives
1. Run fingertips over salmon to check for stray bones, pulling out any that remain between flakes of fish. Arrange leeks in single layer in bottom of large, shallow flameproof casserole. Lay pieces of salmon on top. Surround fish with asparagus and sugar-snap peas. Pour in wine and stock, and dot butter over fish. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Bring to boil, then cover casserole with tight-fitting lid and reduce heat so liquid simmers gently. Simmer fish and vegetables until salmon is pale pink all through and vegetables are fork-tender, 12 to 14 minutes. Sprinkle chives over the salmon.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca