An anonymous source recounts in the latest National Enquirer (which, I hate to say it, is usually trustworthy) watching Zac Efron pass out after a night of abusing the prescription painkiller Oxycodone as well as alcohol, marijuana and Adderall at New York’s Thompson Hotel on Jan. 3.
“I was scared for him,” the source says. “He was like a junkie. He wanted the drugs so bad. He went through a lot of pills even though it was clear he was entering a danger zone. My worst fear was that he had died from an overdose.”
The Enquirer also has “stunning photo proof” from the source. I checked them out braced for the worst, but it just looks like Efron, 25, is adorably sleeping, not nearly dying. Still, check yourself before you wreck yourself, Efron. We don’t want those abs of yours to flex their way off this mortal coil before they have to.