Whether she's on the stage, screen or anywhere in between, Lea Michele knows how to shine brightly. Following the release of her second album, “Places,” earlier this spring, we caught up with the actress and singer to chat about her upcoming show in Boston at the Boch Center Shubert Theatre.
Have you spent any time in Boston? Anything you're excited to see on your stop here?
Yes! I've been to Boston before when we came for the “Glee” tour! I was so excited to go to Boston that my cast mate Dianna (Agron) and I came a couple of days early so that we could spend more time in Boston. We had such an incredible weekend and I always remember it. So I'm just excited to get back. It's one of my favorite cities and I'm so excited to perform there.
How have you changed as a person since your first album “Louder” came out?
So much has happened since “Louder” came out. I finished “Glee,” I worked on “Scream Queens,” I lived in New Orleans for a year. These past couple of years since “Louder” have been really incredible. I truly feel I've grown as a performer and as a person. I'm in such a settled and happy place in my life right now and I'm so happy to be able to do what I love and get to be back on the stage.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
You've got the music and TV markets cornered. Is there one you prefer over the other?
I'm really grateful that I get to do both. I love television, but singing is one of the most incredible feelings in the entire world and I wouldn't give that up for anything.
Your birthday is in August, which means you'll have completed your first year of your 30s soon. How have you improved in your 30s?
I think I've definitely grown a lot in these last couple of years. I'm always trying to constantly grow and learn and improve. But it feels amazing being 30.
What shows do you binge watch lately?
I binge watch everything! I love relaxing at home and watching Netflix. Recently I just got into “Peaky Blinders” and I love it so much. It's my absolute new favorite show.
Can you tell us anything about the upcoming ABC sitcom you're set to star in?
I just filmed a great new ABC pilot. It's such an interesting show about a young aspiring rapper who runs for town mayor and wins. It has original hip-hop and rap in each episode which is so exciting. It's funny and heartwarming and I really hope that people get to see it.
You recently said you've never eaten fast food, and don't eat candy. What is your favorite guilty pleasure food?
Cheese, cheese, cheese and more cheese. Pizza, bagel and cream cheese, mac and cheese all day.
If you go:
$47+, Wednesday, May 3, Boch Center Shubert Theatre, 265 Tremont St., bochcenter.org.