In the wake of last weekend's tragedy in Charlottesville, Amy Schumer decided to organize a comedy benefit show in Massachusetts this week.
The actress and comedian, who's been spending a lot of time in the Boston area recently to film her upcoming flick "I Feel Pretty," took over Blue Ocean Music Hall in Salisbury on Tuesday night to raise funds for a scholarship in memory of Heather Heyer. Schumer was joined by fellow comedians Dave Attell and Rory Scovel at the impromptu performance.
Blue Ocean director Kathy Aiello told Boston.com that the intimate event was put together at the last minute after Schumer reached out to the venue.
Following the performance, the 36-year-old star posted a photo from the show on her Instagram account accompanied by a caption that said Heyer was "heavy on our minds."
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
Schumer, who has been filming all over the Bay State this month, will be back in Boston on Friday to continue production for "I Feel Pretty."
Folks in the South End will be treated to another visit by the actress when the comedy takes over Union Park Street. According to a flyer sent out to residents, filming will take place between noon and 6 p.m. and will also affect the areas around Washington Street, Monsignor Reynolds Way and Shawmut Avenue.
"I Feel Pretty"stars Schumer as a woman who becomes overly confident in herself following a major head injury. Model and actress Emily Ratajkowski as well as Oscar nominee Michelle Williams will also star in the film, which is set to hit theaters some time next summer.