Get ready to sip on cider all summer long.
Downeast Cider announced this week that it's bringing an outdoor, pop-up bar to the Rose Kennedy Greenway. According to a press release, the new "drikery" will debut at Dewey Square across from South Station beginning in late May.
Dubbed the "Back Porch," the cider-filled set-up will be open on Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings, as well as Saturdays and Sundays, through October.
"This will be an easily-accessible location to enjoy lawn games, live music and other events, all while showcasing our unfiltered craft cider, as well as the work of many great craft brewers based here in New England," Downeaster Cider House co-founder Ross Brockman said in the release. "The Greenway continues to evolve as a destination for residents and tourists alike, and we are proud to be a part of the next chapter."
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
The Downeast Cider pop-up bar is the latest, boozy installation to take over the Greenway. Last year, Trillium Brewing Co. brought a beer garden to the space to much fanfare. The Boston Globe reports that Trillium is in talks with the Greenway to bring the popular attraction back this summer.
As for the new "drinkery," fans can expect five ciders on tap, including a mint lemonade flavor that will be a Greenway-only release. The pop-up bar will also feature a rotating selection of craft brewers from across New England, with a different brewery getting the spotlight each week, plus wine from Half Bottle Cans.
An official opening date and other details about the Downeast Cider "Back Porch" will be announced later this spring.