For the first time, you can double down on sightseeing in Times Square with some Christmas shopping at the city’s newest holiday market.
Opening on Nov. 24, Gifted will bring something almost totally absent from the busiest tourist hub of the city: small businesses whose products are made in the five boroughs.
The market gathers 16 merchants from around New York City under a large transparent tent in the middle of Times Square. Vendors will be a mix of retail and food, including Fineapple New York selling shirts and accessories printed with their stylized emojis and vegan beauty brand Limegreen.
Adding to the festive spirit is an 8-foot gingerbread scene… of Times Square, with Broadway theater marquees and the New Year’s Eve ball drop. If you’re into miniaturizing the world though, may we recommend the nearby Gulliver’s Gate?
Gifted is located at the Broadway Pedestrian Plaza between 43rd and 44th streets and will be open through Dec. 22, from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily. Hours will get later as Christmas gets closer.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- A look back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
- 2018 Emmy Awards: List of winners, red carpet looks 29 Pictures