Can’t afford to buy your baby a diamond ring or any bling for that matter? Perhaps you just started dating and don’t want to disappoint your newfound love on Valentine’s Day. No matter what your situation, a baked good is a great solution.
“Not everyone wants (or can afford) a diamond necklace – or even believes in Valentine’s Day, for that matter. But everyone enjoys a red velvet cupcake or chocolate-dipped shortbread to treat themselves or share with their loved ones,” says head baker and co-owner of Philadelphia’s Metropolitan Bakery, James Barrett.
With locations in Rittenhouse Square and Reading Terminal Market, the bakery will be offering handmade treats that offer the perfect gift for Valentine’s Day.
Barrett notes that this year’s lineup was inspired by their “love for butter, fresh ingredients, and offering our customers a taste of something special.”
Here’s what’s on the menu:
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- A look back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
- 2018 Emmy Awards: List of winners, red carpet looks 29 Pictures
-Heart-shaped linzer cookies filled with raspberry jam ($1.45 each)
-Heart-shaped brown-butter shortbread dipped in imported bittersweet chocolate ($2 each)
-Miniature red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing ($1.75 each)
-Shortbread cookies with a hint of pink peppercorn throughout ($1.25 each)
-Chocolate heart-shaped tarts studded with fresh raspberries ($6.75 each)
-Red Velvet Layer Cake with cream cheese icing that feeds 8-12 ($42)
-Coconut Layer cake with passion fruit curd, buttercream icing + a shortbread cookie bottom that feeds 8-12 ($42.95)
-Chocolate Cherry Panettone with tart cherries, bittersweet chocolate chunks and orange zest ($16)
-French Macarons in in Chocolate Raspberry, Pink Grapefruit, Blood Orange, Chocolate Hazelnut Espresso & Meyer Lemon ($1.70 each)
For more information, visit: metropolitanbakery.com.