Questlove is a highly sought after DJ, in addition to being the co-founder of the Roots, NYU professor, producer, author — the list goes on.
According to Page Six, Questlove has a strict no photos policy when he’s doing a DJ gig.
At a recent event hosted by Romio app, at the NoMad Hotel in New York City, the Philly musician performed a three-hour DJ set.
Page Six reports that Questlove was surrounded on all sides by security guards and signs saying, “NO PHOTOS,” in big, bold letters.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
A source told Page Six that the reason Questlove doesn’t want photos taken when he’s DJing is because the flashes are distracting.
So next time you see Questlove spinning, put the phone down (or actual camera) and let him work his turntable magic.
You should be rocking out to the music, anyway.