Sausage lovers better mark their calendar for the third annual South Philly SausageFest this Saturday, Sept. 30. From noon to 8 p.m., restaurant favorites like Taproom on 19th, South Philly Tap Room and the not-yet-open Mike’s BBQ will feature tasty selections like hot and sweet Italian sausage and peppers, smoked brisket cheesesteaks and even a vegan Italian sausage sandwich. (Wonder if that’s any good?)
There will even be chorizo tacos from Cafe y Chocolate and slow-cooked BBQ ribs from The Station Bar & Grill.
Thirsty? There will be eight local breweries on-site as well to help you wash down all that sausage along with special ciders and selections from Manatawny Still Works.
Conshohocken Brewing will be featuring their Nightmare on East Elm Street Pumpkin Ale and Burn Everything Rye Porter and Philadelphia Brewing Company will be featuring their Kenzo Lantern Pumpkin Ale and the Belgian wit, Hop 2 Wit.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
Aside from indulging and imbibing, there will be plenty of activities for the whole family, including live music beginning at noon. Performers include: The Blue Pharaohs, Shakey Lyman, Sun Hat, Firestorm, New Pony and The Whips.
The best part about the event? It’s free to attend and proceeds from the sale of food and beer will benefit the Newbold CDC’s Street Cleaning Program, which provides employment for 10 disabled Philly residents.
If you go:
South Philly SausageFest
Saturday, Sept. 30
Noon to 8 p.m.
Pay as you go food & drink
West Passyunk at South Broad St.