In the summertime, life seems to move a little more slowly but for most of the working professionals out there, it’s still incredibly hectic. With National Relaxation Day coming up on August 15, it’s the perfect opportunity to get into a healthy, self-care routine. Here are some of our top picks on where to celebrate National Relaxation Day in Philadelphia.
Half Moon Ayurveda
1520 Sansom St.
If you’ve ever been to Hot Yoga Philadelphia, you may have noticed the Half Moon Ayurveda offices on the 4th floor. This collective of ayurvedic practitioners offers a range of services to help get you centered including sports massage and trigger point therapy, acupuncture, shiatsu and reiki. Looking for something a little different to calm an overactive mind? Try the Shirodhara. In this treatment a steady flow of organic oil is poured over the forehead for about 20 minutes. It’s recommended if you suffer from endocrine dysfunction, premature greying of the hair, fatigue, headache and poor digestion.
8439 Germantown Ave.
Want to go from feeling blue to pretty in pink on National Relaxation Day? Head over to 3000 B.C. Spa in Chestnut Hill. For the entire month of August they’re offering two special treatments: The Rosé Massage and the The Rosé Anti-Aging Facial. With the massage, your skin will be smooth and supple after it’s massaged with an aromatic blend of rosé massage oils. Pamper your face as well with the facial afterwards, which includes a pro-youth mask that fights the signs of aging.
Enviama Life Spa
109 S. 13th St.
Enviama Life Spa was founded by Penny Ordway in 2002 and is Philadelphia’s first green spa, dedicated to organic treatments utilizing top of the line products by Dr. Haushka and more. Choose from massages, facials, wraps and even waxing and hair removal. If it’s your first time to the spa, be sure to try their signature Myofascial Release Integrated Massage which stimulates the fascia to help get rid of those troublesome knots and makes you stand a little taller. Having digestive issues? Try their Maya Abdominal Therapy utilizing Arvigo techniques.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
Spa Terme di Aroma
32 N. 3rd St.
You'll feel like you've been transported to another world at Spa Termi di Aroma in Old City, surrounded by indoor greenery and the sound of cascading water. Choose from a plethora of spa treaments to make the most out of National Relaxation Day like their Indian Foot Treatment and Aromatic Scalp Treatment. In the mood to go all out? Take advantage of their Summer Retreat Spa Package ($110) which includes a Scalp Treament as well as an Aromatherapy Massage.