Three Brockton students were taken to the hospital after they ingested e-cigarette liquid nicotine Tuesday morning, reports said.
An 11-year-old student at Davis Elementary School found the liquid nicotine at home and, thinking it was candy, shared it with two other classmates on the school bus, WHDH reported. When the students arrived on campus they became ill and went to the school nurse.
According to Patch Brockton, the students were taken to the hospital as a precaution and the ingested substance was turned over to medical professionals.
“We caution parents to be vigilant and securely store away all substances in the home that could be dangerous and easily accessed by children, as we all also continue to educate children about the importance of health and well-being,” Brockton School Superintendent Kathleen Smith said in a statement according to WHDH.