* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.70 percent to 17,028.73
* Leading the index were Aurinia Pharmaceuticals Inc <AUP.TO>, up 8.1%, Lightspeed POS Inc <LSPD.TO>, up 7.3%, and BlackBerry Ltd <BB.TO>, higher by 7.3%.
* Lagging shares were Real Matters Inc <REAL.TO>, down 15.1%, Air Canada <AC.TO>, down 3.0%, and Parkland Corp <PKI.TO>, lower by 3.0%.
* On the TSX 159 issues rose and 58 fell as a 2.7-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 5 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 159.5 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Manulife Financial Corp <MFC.TO>, Cenovus Energy Inc <CVE.TO> and Air Canada <AC.TO>.
* The TSX’s energy group <.SPTTEN> rose 0.73 points, or 0.9%, while the financials sector <.SPTTFS> climbed 0.92 points, or 0.3%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures <CLc1> rose 1.03%, or $0.43, to $42.17 a barrel. Brent crude <LCOc1> rose 1.95%, or $0.86, to $45.06 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 0.2% for the year.