Meet the new Aston Martin supercar. It's called the Vulcan and just one look and we're ready to beam up.
“A sports car for true sports car lovers," CEO Andy Palmer says.
Here are five things you need to know about it:
- Celebrity deaths 2018: All the stars we lost too soon 46 Pictures
- Photos: Starbucks Reserve Roastery NYC reconnects you with your coffee 48 Pictures
1. Pricetag: $2.3 million. Before taxes. If we could even dream of owning it (red one, please!), we wouldn't be eligible for our Obamacare subsidy. There will only be two dozen manufactured when all is said and done.
2. Need for speed: Zero to 60 mph in three seconds with maximum speed of 200 mph. Perfect for when we wanna zoom around Manhattan island with our dash cam on like that dude did a few years ago.
3. Carbon fiber: The future is here. The Vulcan is made of ultra-light carbon fiber that is stronger than steel. We're not sure really why we should care about this, but the nerds think it's really really cool.
4. On the nerd note, Wired wrote this the other day: It has “track-derived pushrod suspension with anti-dive geometry” which, of course, will make it go faster, and, of course, driver-adjustable anti-lock brakes and variable traction control to keep everything just controlled enough. Again ... huh? Oh yeah. Way cool.
5. Color selection: Did we mention it comes in red?
John A. Oswald is editor-at-large at Metro and can be found on twitter@nyc_oz.