A cat named Cupcake was accidentally packed and shipped several hundred miles and lived to "meow" the tale.
The strange story goes that Cupcake’s owner, Julie Baggott didn’t notice her cat jumped into a box of DVDs she was shipping,The Guardianreported. Cupcake was then trapped in a box for eight days as she traveled about 260 miles.
Cupcake reportedly leapt out of the box as soon as it was opened.
“Despite having no food or water for more than a week, Cupcake survived and was reunited with Ms Baggott after being taken to a vet in Sussex, who was able to find out where she came from using her microchip,” ITV reported.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
- 2018 Emmy Awards: List of winners, red carpet looks 29 Pictures
“When I realised she was missing, two weeks ago, it was the most horrible, scary feeling,” Cupcake’s owner explained to the BBC after a tearful reunion. “We looked everywhere for her.
“I feel terrible about what’s happened, you know. I mean, I put everything in the box and I sealed it straight away, so I don’t know how she managed to get in there.
The miracle cat was treated for dehydration and then taken back home by her owner.
Matt Lee is a web producer for Metro New York. He writes about almost everything and anything. Talk to him (or yell at him) on Twitter so he doesn’t feel lonely:@off_Yellow.