The major injuries to major playmakers continue to pile up. On Sunday, one of the best young receivers in the league, Kenny Britt, went down with a knee injury. The Titans fear he has torn both the ACL and MCL — meaning he is almost certainly done for the year. Making it more painful is the lack of an add behind Britt. Both Damian Williams and Lavelle Hawkins are mediocre talents. Nate Washington gets the biggest boost.
More Week 3 fallout:
* We suggested buying low on Ryan Mathews all week for a reason. Today, he was used as the goal-line and third-down back ahead of Mike Tolbert. Mathews is a special talent that is about to go nuts.
* I liked what I saw out of Dexter McCluster. Didn’t go down to easily, runs north/south. Good bet for 10-14 touches going forward, especially when the Chiefs are losing — which they will be most weeks.
* Frank Gore went down with an ankle sprain, but he was averaging just 2.50 YPC on the year anyway. Kendall Hunter is going to turn this into a committee.
* We warned that a breakout was coming for Jermichael Finley. It did. Guy is the premier tight end talent in the league.
* Speaking of tight ends, Rob Gronkowski will be the No. 1 TE as long as Aaron Hernandez is out.
* Michael Vick broke his non-throwing hand and Mike Kafka faceplanted. Still, I wouldn’t expect Vick to miss more than a week. Owners need to stay calm here.
* Lance Moore is finally healthy off that groin issue. Today, we saw what he can do. He projects as Drew Brees’ favorite WR target as long as Marques Colston is out. Must start as a WR3.
* Look for Arian Foster to get back next week. He was reportedly healthy enough to play this week, but was held out as a precaution.
* How about Torrey Smith? Is he better than Lee Evans right now. I think so. Even if he rotates, Smith is worth an add in most formats as the best deep threat on the Ravens.
* I can’t believe Sid Rice went off like that. Then I remembered he was playing the Cardinals. Sell now.
* Jonathan Stewart is a much better player than DeAngelo Williams and the Panthers coaches are starting to see it. Hold Stewart in all leagues and pray he gets the ball more going forward. Special talent.
* The same can be said for Daniel Thomas vs. Reggie Bush. Thomas is running physically. He’ll keep getting 15-20 carries.
* Oakland’s offense is for real. Darren McFadden is the best RB in the NFL and Denarius Moore is an emerging star. Buy in.