There are six teams on a bye this week, including offensive monsters like the Falcons, Eagles and Chargers. Hopefully you’ve been grinding the wire so that you’re not in desperate straits. There are some guys that can help us in a big way this week.
1. FELIX JONES, RB, COWBOYS: DeMarco Murray has the dreaded foot sprain. He says he’ll be back for Week 8, but that sounds overly optimistic. Felix Jones, who has had injury issues of his own in the past, takes over as the feature back. He’s feeling 100 percent right now and looked explosive last week. Note that he’s averaged 5.1 YPC for his career and 8.1 yards per reception. Do the math with 14-18 touches per game.
2. ALEX GREEN, RB, PACKERS: Hopefully you added Green last week. The Packers are relying on him more than I even expected as they barely used James Starks at all on Sunday night. Green is another guy looking at double-digit touches weekly for the foreseeable future.
3. MONTARIO HARDESTY, RB, BROWNS: Trent Richardson has a rib cartilage injury. He’s just day-to-day, but it’s a tough injury for a running back. Hardesty isn’t explosive but has the coach’s trust if he’s called upon to start.
4. DONNIE AVERY, WR, COLTS: We’ve had Avery on this list a few times before, but he’s still wildly undervalued. The guy is getting close to 10 targets per game from a really good quarterback. They’ll be in plenty of shootouts.
5. MATT HASSELBECK, QB, TITANS: In need of a bye-week QB? How about Hasselbeck, who is facing the league’s worst secondary (Buffalo), is coming off a long week and has a healthy Kenny Britt?