Organizers of the 2010 Vancouver Olympics still have to reach a number of milestones before the opening ceremonies take place on Feb. 12, 2010, at B.C. Place Stadium.
• The designs for the 2010 medals and the Olympic caldron. No date has been publicly announced for either.
• Later this month, VANOC will issue a call for performers to take part in the opening and closing ceremonies.
• March 12 marks the one-year countdown to the Paralympic Games.
• Tickets to the Paralympics go on sale May 6.
• The Olympic torch relay kicks off Oct. 30 in Victoria.
• A ceremony to mark the official opening of Vancouver’s athletes village will be held in November.
• Also that month, the Olympic and Paralympic mascots: Quatchi, Miga, and Sumi (Mukmuk too) turn two years old.