Do you feel cold and chilled in your own house? Perhaps not so much when you’re moving about, but at those times when you’re reading, or camped out in front of a computer screen, reading, typing away with icy fingers and a cold-tipped nose.
Bah, at times like this I hate the winter. I love the way it can look, all white-covered and lacy, and I enjoy it immensely when I’m physically engaged, as in skating, or skiing or snowboarding. But I hate the feeling of being chilled through to the bone.
Here’s my wish list, and alternatives for those of you who, like me, are looking for a shot of heat during the cold season.
• Heated floors. Nothing better than stepping out of bed onto a warmed floor. If a heated floor isn’t going to work for you, use rugs.
• Heated towel bars to make towels and clothes warm, but also to heat up the bathroom so stepping out of the shower into cool air is not so downright unpleasant.
• A heated toilet seat is a nice touch.
• Fireplaces that radiate heat. No replacement for that wonderful luxury.
• A home sauna, or a hot tub. If you can’t find these luxuries at home, go and take advantage of one elsewhere, such as a fitness centre, for example.
To read the whole column, visit Metronews.ca