Tonight will be your best chance to catch the largest supermoon in 68 years.
So-called supermoons occur whenever the moon is full when the moon is at its closest point to Earth in its rotation around the planet. This moon will appear 14 percent larger and shine 30 percent brighter than how we typically see the moon.
The moon won't be this large again until Nov. 24, 2034, according to NASA. The moon’s orbit around Earth is slightly elliptical so sometimes it is closer and sometimes it’s farther away.
November's supermoon is the second of three consecutive supermoon full moons in 2016. Next month's moon peaks on Dec. 14.
NASA recommends finding a place to watch the supermoon that has minimal light pollution and with some trees or buildings to use as reference points to the size of the moon.
The moon peaks 6:22 a.m. Monday after moonset on the East Coast. If you miss it Sunday night, NASA scientists say it will still look pretty big Monday night as well.
Here are the best spots to see the moon in Boston:
1. Peter's Hill at Arnold Arboretum, Bussey Street, Boston. While you might find some other spots to peak above the treelines at the Arnold Arboretum in Roslindale, Peter's Hill will offer the best view of the treeline and city skyline—giving a great vantage point for seeing the full enormity of the moon.
2. Larz Anderson Park, 15 Newton St. Brookline. Clocking in at 64 acres, this is Brookline's largest park. It's known for its great views of the city, and it's also a great place to check out the night sky. For the best view, you should head to the Top of the Hill, the highest point.
3. Lodge Park Nahant, 334 Nahant Rd, Nahant. A coastal park featuring some dramatic rocks that moon-viewers can climb on to get a good look.
4. Millennium Park, 300 Gardner St. West Roxbury. This former landfill turned park boasts over 100 acres of prime sky viewing right outside the city. There are plenty of spaces that offer views of the night sky.
5. Revere Beach, Revere Beach Boulevard, Revere. Located just four miles north of downtown Boston, Revere beach offers beautiful coastal views with just enough city skyline in view.